Bariatric Surgery Revision in Katy, TX
Bariatric surgery is a safe and widely accepted surgical tool for significant weight loss, however there are times when a patient may need a previous weight loss surgery to be revised. In Katy, Texas Endosurgery offers bariatric surgery revisions for various reasons including: improvement or correction of anatomic issues with the first operation, conversion to another procedure for improving weight loss or reversal of their previous bariatric surgery. Although it is not possible to improve or correct every previous bariatric surgery, we work closely with every patient to reach a solution that offers optimal safety and outcomes.
Reasons for Katy Weight Loss Surgery Revision
While there are many reasons for a bariatric surgery revision, some of the most common scenarios include:
- Complications arising from surgery
- Failure of mechanical components of the surgery, particularly lap band failure
- Not achieving desired weight loss results
- Continued nausea and vomiting particularly with adjustable gastric band
- Unsuccessful resolution of comorbidities such as diabetes, acid reflux and hypertension
We want to help patients feel confident in the results of their bariatric surgery revision in Katy. As the leading Katy bariatric surgery provider, we carefully consider all medical history and potential options to determine the best path forward for the patient’s safety and desired results.
Katy Bariatric Surgery Revision Options
- Revision/Conversion of a Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band (Lap Band) to a Gastric Sleeve
- Revision/Conversion of an Adjustable Gastric Band (Lap Band) to a Gastric Bypass
- Revision/Conversion of a previous Gastric Sleeve to a Duodenal Switch
- Revision/Conversion of a previous Gastric Sleeve to a Gastric Bypass
- Revision/Conversion of a previous Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (VBG) to a Gastric Bypass
- Removal of a Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band (Lap Band)
With years of experience in reversing and revising different types of bariatric procedures, there are various surgical and even non-surgical solutions for improving marginal weight loss results with improved safety and outcomes.
To learn more about the bariatric surgery revision options offered for Katy patients, contact Texas Endosurgery today. We can schedule your consultation and discuss your unique needs and goals.