Gastric Sleeve Surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy) in Cypress, TX
The gastric sleeve surgery (also known as a sleeve gastrectomy) offers patients a valuable tool in working toward their weight loss goals. When paired with healthy lifestyle changes such as regular exercise, a gastric sleeve in Cypress, TX can lead to profound weight loss and therefore remission of medical issues such a high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
At Texas Endosurgery Associates, we are dedicated to providing trusted weight loss surgeries, including the gastric sleeve, to patients throughout Cypress and beyond. We work closely with every patient to determine their individual needs and answer any questions regarding their option for weight loss surgery.
While there are other bariatric surgery procedures available, such as the Lap band, gastric bypass, or duodenal switch, the gastric sleeve is a popular option for a number of reasons.
Benefits of a Cypress Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Helps with weight loss through suppressing portions and in many instances appetite
- A lower risk of “dumping” compared to other weight loss surgeries. This occurs when food is too quickly moved to the small intestines, causing diarrhea
- Typically shorter recovery time compared to other bariatric surgeries
- May improve other health concerns, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, and diabetes
- There is typically no malabsorption of nutrients
Recovery After a Cypress Gastric Sleeve Surgery
The gastric sleeve offers a relatively quick recovery time, with patients generally able to resume their daily routines within a week. Most foods can be eaten with 3 to 4 weeks, and patients may even be able to return to work within a few days. To help our patients prepare for surgery, we review all steps necessary to ensure a quick recovery following the procedure.
The gastric sleeve can be a great asset in achieving effective weight loss. We are passionate about helping our patients reach these goals in a safe and healthy manner through trusted weight loss surgery procedures. To learn more about how a gastric sleeve in Cypress can impact your life, schedule your initial consultation with Texas Endosurgery Associates today.