Gastric Sleeve Surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy) in Katy, TX
For patients struggling with weight loss despite repeated attempts at diet and exercise, the gastric sleeve surgery is an effective procedure with relatively minimal downtime and proven weight loss results. With a Katy gastric sleeve, the size of the stomach is reduced, helping a patient reduce food portions and hunger. Paired with a healthy lifestyle, a Katy gastric sleeve is an excellent tool for achieving significant weight loss results.
Benefits of a Sleeve Gastrectomy in Katy
- Effective results for suppressing the patient’s appetite
- A reduced risk of “dumping syndrome”, a common risk with other types of bariatric surgery
- A relatively shorter hospital stay compared to other surgeries
- Can potentially improve conditions such as diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol
- No overbearing food limitations
- Typically no malabsorption of nutrients and vitamins
Preparing for Katy Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Prior to the procedure, Dr. Bonnor will review your unique medical records and discuss what to expect from the surgery. During your initial consultation, we are happy to answer any questions and discuss topics such as financing for your procedure and the necessary steps for recovery afterward. Most patients are able to return to work within one week and resume a normal diet in 3 to 4 weeks.
At Texas Endosurgery, we have extensive experience in gastric sleeve Katy procedures in a range of patients. We work closely with every patient. Call Texas Endosurgery today to schedule your consultation to discuss what a Katy gastric sleeve can do for you.