Gastric Sleeve Surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy) in Pearland, TX
Struggling with dieting and exercise to achieve weight loss goals can sometimes become overwhelming. Luckily, there are a number of bariatric surgeries that can help, with the gastric sleeve as a leading option.
The gastric sleeve works by removing a portion of the stomach, which helps patients to feel full more easily. By removing the portion that produces the hormone ghrelin, the patient may also experience less feelings of hunger. This method paired with the many other benefits of a sleeve gastrectomy make it a popular choice for weight loss.
Benefits of a Sleeve Gastrectomy in Pearland
- Patients can still enjoy most foods
- Generally no risk of dumping syndrome, where foods moves too quickly to the small intestines
- Typically no malabsorption of nutrients
- Can be modified to other procedures if needed
- Quicker recovery than most other bariatric procedures
- Can improve other health conditions such as sleep apnea, diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure
Recovery After a Pearland Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Following a sleeve gastrectomy in Pearland, patients can typically resume daily activities within a week, even returning to work. Within 3 to 4 weeks patients can also eat most foods. At Texas Endosurgery Associates, we strive to ensure that every patient is familiar with the pre-surgery steps necessary and the recovery time that will follow. Our staff will answer questions to put our patients’ minds at ease.
With years of experience in providing bariatric surgeries to Pearland patients, including the gastric sleeve, Dr. Bonnor is ready to offer you a trusted option to help you reach your goals. To learn more about how a gastric sleeve can impact your weight loss goals and your life, schedule your initial appointment with Texas Endosurgery Associates today.