Gastric Sleeve Surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy) in Sugar Land, TX
As the leading option for bariatric surgery, the gastric sleeve aids patients seeking to meet their weight loss goals. At Texas Endosurgery we are trusted in providing high quality surgery including the sleeve gastrectomy to patients in Sugar Land and beyond.
As a weight loss tool, the gastric sleeve procedure (also known as a sleeve gastrectomy) offers several benefits over other options.
Sugar Land Sleeve Gastrectomy Benefits
- Suppresses the appetite, aiding weight loss
- Reduced risk of “dumping”, a risk of food quickly entering the small intestine found in many types of weight loss surgeries
- Quick recovery with shorter hospital stay than many other procedures
- Can improve conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure, and sleep apnea.
- Most foods can still be eaten
- Generally no malabsorption of nutrients
Recovering from Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Sugar Land
Prior to a procedure, our staff informs patients of the steps they’ll need to take both before and after surgery. This includes dietary and work restrictions. Most patients can resume their daily routine with a week and can eat most foods within 3 to 4 weeks. While working in an excellent environment, our priority is to deliver excellent surgical care to each Sugar Land gastric sleeve patient.
With years of experience in offering successful bariatric surgery to Sugar Land patients, Dr. Bonnor is ready to aid you in achieving weight loss results that may have eluded you in the past. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation to learn exactly how we can help you achieve your goals.