Gastric Sleeve Surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy) in The Woodlands, TX
Individuals attempting to lose weight can sometimes run into difficulties - where exercise and dieting just aren’t achieving their desired results. In many cases weight loss surgery can be a great option to help reach their weight loss goals.
While there are many potential bariatric surgeries to help patients lose weight, the gastric sleeve offers a number of benefits when compared to alternatives such as the Lap band or gastric bypass. At Texas Endosurgery Associates, we offer the sleeve gastrectomy to patients in The Woodlands who are seeking a safe, trusted weight loss surgery option.
Benefits of a Sleeve Gastrectomy in The Woodlands
- Suppressing the appetite can assist with weight loss
- Most foods can still be eaten after the procedure
- If necessary, the gastric sleeve can be modified to other procedures
- There is typically no malabsorption of nutrients
- Can improve other medical conditions such as Type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure
- A lower risk of “dumping” compared to other bariatric surgeries. This refers to a risk of food moving too quickly to the small intestine, causing diarrhea.
Recovery from The Woodlands Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Following the procedure, most patients can return to work and their normal routine within a week. Most foods can be eaten 3 to 4 weeks after the surgery is complete. Our staff will review necessary steps for your pre-surgery preparation and recovery. In addition, we are always glad to answer any questions to help each patient feel confident in their procedure.
We want to help patients achieve previously elusive weight loss results with this minimally invasive surgery. To learn how a gastric sleeve surgery in The Woodlands could help you reach your goals, schedule your initial consultation with Texas Endosurgery Associates today.