As the number of bariatric operations continue to rise, there will be a greater need for revisions of these primary weight loss procedures. The are various reasons for revising a primary weight loss .
Revisional surgery may be necessary for:
- Patients who have not lost as much weight as intended. Patients may undergo revision (reoperation to produce more weight loss), or conversion to a different weight loss procedure
- Patients who have lost too much weight. Patients may undergo reversal of the original weight loss procedure
Revisional surgery also may be required to reverse a weight loss procedure for one or more of the following complications:
- Ulcers or fistulas after gastric bypass
- Persistent recurrent vomiting after band or vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Protein malnutrition after duodenal switch
- Reflux after vertical sleeve gastrectomy
When combined with lifestyle changes, weight loss surgery can help patients achieve healthy, sustainable weight loss that may have previously eluded them. In addition to offering greater confidence, patients can enjoy other health benefits, such as correcting high blood pressure, high cholesterol, acid reflux, sleep apnea, and diabetes.
Weight loss surgeries performed at Texas Endosurgery include:
- Sleeve gastrectomy / Gastric Sleeve
- Roux en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Duodenal Switch
- Gastric Balloon
- Revision and reversal of previous weight loss procedures
We are fully devoted to providing safe and effective obesity surgery options for patients throughout Houston who are seeking solutions to weight loss challenges. While surgical weight loss won’t instantly solve any obesity problems, it’s a beneficial tool that has helped thousands of morbidly obese patients achieve a better quality of life.
At Texas Endosurgery, we prioritize the safety of every patient. By providing personalized consultations and care, we offer an unmatched weight loss surgery experience with one of Houston’s best surgeons. A trusted Houston Bariatric surgeon, Dr. Bonnor works closely with patients to provide the specific care needed for their optimal safety your goals and how we can work together to achieve them. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.